1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Two years for Plaxico

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

In reality, if you or I go into this same nightclub and accidentally shoot someone else in the leg, we wouldn't get two years.

2. Drip

Drip Active Member

And that has aided in the economic downfall of the city. LOL

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

True.

4. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

That maybe true in some neighborhoods, but if you go back over the past 25 years, the city is much more safer. I'm talknig Manhattan used to be a dump. 42nd Street filled with hookers, sex shops and drug users before it got Disneyfied. Brooklyn was a lost cause. You needed a gun just to get to work. There was a reason all those movies were made in the 70s (Death Wish, Fort Apache, ect.) depicting New York as a bad place...A lot of it was.

5. shockey

shockey Active Member

the law is the law is the law.

plax, the lazy bastid, didn't register the gun in nyc. as his lawyer said, the bottom line was it was an indefensible case.

case closed. the crine comes with a 3 1/2 year minimum. he pleaded down to two years. as said earlier, just because stallworth got off easy in florida is irrelevant.

stoopid m'effer, plax is. see ya.

6. Drip

Drip Active Member

Yeah the tourist stops are cleaner but NYC is still NYC. Too much shit happens there and not all of it good.

7. shockey

shockey Active Member

what's your point, drip? nyc is still one of the greatest cities in the world. sure, spit happens there. spit happens everywhere.

so what?

8. Drip

Drip Active Member

Shock you're right. It was indefensible. Penalty seems a tad harsh, especially after he shot himself..
    You mentioned that spit happens all over, that's true. However, Shock, I've often said there are two cities in the U.S. that go against every norm, NYC and LA. I haven't seen much in my lifetime to make me change my mind on that.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Throwing moronic illiterate thugs in jail for firing off guns in crowded public places is a real good thing.

Perhaps the message will sink in for other moronic illiterate thugs it might be a good idea to leave their gats at home.

10. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

The city's problems extended far beyond cleaning up tourist areas. It has done a pretty good job of it. Brownstones in Brooklyn easily go for over $1 million. That was unpossible 10-15 years ago because of the neighborhoods. The Upper West Side, home to some of the most expensive real estate in the world, used to be a garbage dump.

Am I saying I'm going to walk through East New York at night, no. But overall the City is a MUCH safer place than it was. And I'm willing to posit that harsh gun laws had something to do with it.

P.S. How stupid do you have to be to bring a gun into a club. If you are an NFL player, they have their own licensed security that you can call and they will be your personal protection. Geesh..

11. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Was it ever confirmed that he turned down a possible three-month plea offer back in the spring?

I don't see this being mentioned in the current stories.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2009/05/report_new_york_giants_burress_2.html

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

You guys are right. If this were any of us, we would have gotten the full 3.5-year sentence in prison. He got lucky.

Draft saved Draft deleted