1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Two women say Cable struck them

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 1, 2009.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Probably on the running thread but I don't do NFL running threads.
    This guy sounds like a real sweetheart.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-raiders-cable-violence&prov=ap&type=lgns

2. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

the espn coverage of this story was a drive by shooting, wow did they just bury the guy.

3. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Member

My thoughts exactly.

Also: Chris Mortensen HATES the Raiders.

4. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Perhaps, but it's sort of hard to refute a handwritten letter to his ex-wife in which Cable states that things have been different since "I hit you." Also, you generally don't go and roundhouse a coworker unless you've gotten away with shit like that before...

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I noticed he didn't try to refute that in his "statement".

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

One does not have anything to do with the other but I did find it a little funny that ESPN was reporting a domestic dispute given that one of their producers was on their way to boiling rabbits last week.

7. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Exactly. Cable knew he was caught in the flood lights with that letter, so he admitted to striking his ex-wife once. And then declared that was the last time he had ever struck a woman. Unfortunately, "once" is not generally how it works...

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

hey, Andy Pettitte only used steroids once.

It can happen.

9. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Is Cable going to try to pull a Clinton-on-marijuana schtick? "When I was younger, I experimented with hitting a woman a time or two, and I didn't like it. I never connected, and I never tried it again."

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

At this rate Cable will have a lifetime contract with the Raiders by Wednesday.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Al Davis should cancel his Cable and go with DirecTV.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Stooopid, stoooopid, stooooopid.

Either unconditionally deny it, or STFU.

Don't "explain," rationalize or minimize. Either say, "I didn't do it," or keep your mouth shut.

Cable seems to have an IQ of about 60.

Draft saved Draft deleted