1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Two weeks ago, he was the starting QB at Notre Dame....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by noodles, Sep 14, 2007.

1. noodles

noodles Member

Now comes word that as the Irish buses roll toward Ann Arbor on Friday night, Demetrius Jones is nowhere to be found. Apparently he's considering a transfer after being benched then replaced by Boy Wonder Jimmy Clausen.

2. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

Maybe Clausen could hire him to drive his limo.

3. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

There were a damn lot of things wrong with Notre Dame against Georgia Tech, more than just at QB. And *GASP* GOLDEN BOY Claussen couldn't lead a touchdown drive last week. Hmmmm. If I was Jones, I'd be strongly considering other options as well.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Is Charlie Weis on the bus?

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Ain't Demetrius Jones' fault that ND doesn't have a running back, receivers or an O-line.

6. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

Exactly. I thought it was pretty cowardly of Weis to cave in because the asshole students were chanting for Claussen. From the pre-season refusal to name a starter, to waffling on Jones and the constant media meltdowns, I wouldn't be surprised if Weis unravels by season's end.

7. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

Wow. That sucks. Not Jones' fault that Weis had no clue what he wanted his offense to be this year.
    Link?

8. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

This is ALL Tyrone Willingham's fault.

9. noodles

noodles Member

It's on the front page of the South Bend Tribune at www.southbendtribune.com

10. IU90

IU90 Member

To losing his lawsuit to being indirectly implicated in this Patriots cheating scandal. The bloom has fallen clean off Charlie Weiss' rose.

11. noodles

noodles Member

Going 0-3 by this time Saturday certainly won't help. Oh, yeah, and they have Michigan State, Purdue, UCLA, Boston College and USC in successive weeks.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I think they should sign Weis for 10 more years.

Draft saved Draft deleted