1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Two Students Shot at Delaware State

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spup1122, Sep 21, 2007.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

JFK was shot in a convertable. You will never see the Pres riding in one again. A lesson was learned .

9/11 happened and airport security was strengthened and Homeland Security was formed. A lesson was learned.

Ruby Ridge saw an unarmed mother shot while holding a child. A lesson was learned about handling separatists.

Columbine High School happened and most parts of the country heightened awareness of students with emotional problems. School security was also raised at institutions. Regretfully, this did not happen at Tech. Video cameras on campus and classrooms that have locking doors became commonplace after Columbine. This did not happen at Tech. A few months before the shooting at Tech, there was another armed gunman on the campus, but still no significant changes.

There have been many changes at Tech as far as school security and communication with students since this event. The Governor also is changing the way mental health is handled in the Commonwealth.

A friend of mine's son was trying to get into that building for class while the incident was going on inside the building. He and hundreds of other students had no idea what was going on. He actually said the SWAT teams hit him as they were rushing into the building.

If everything was fine before, changes would not have been made afterwards.

I know this is a touchy subject, and this is the last I will post on it.

2. Yeah, if you're going to be a copkiller, get your wife and kid out of range.

3. 93Devil

Yeah, but we shot first. And it was their dog and his son if I remember correctly. Ugly, ugly day.

4. txscoop

txscoop Member

93devil is right.

5. So if some cop takes a shot at a black kid in Bed Stuy, and the kid shoots back and kills the cop, and the cops then open up on the building and kill other people, we should give the kid a couple of million and let him testify before Congress?

6. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

It's a shame about what is happening a Delaware State. The campus is very small so something of large magnitude could have happened. Good forward thinking by the officials at Delaware State on this matter.

7. 93Devil

Some people felt the Feds were tresspassing. Dog was shot on the guy's property. I think the boy was shot in the back. He was shooting at the Feds though, but this was after his dog was shot.

It was FUBARed all the way around. No question about that.

8. armageddon

armageddon Active Member

Could we please stay on task and on topic? Please?

9. I'm waiting for Fred Thompson to release a statement saying how this whole thing could have been avoided if we allowed guns on campus, allowing students to defend themselves.

10. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

The shootings actually happened early this morning at 12:47 AM. Good thing it didn't happen during when classes were changing.

11. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

They have questioned a "person of interest" according to the newest update on CNN.

12. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

There are two persons of interest, both students. That's sad.

Draft saved Draft deleted