1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Two SEC freshmen basketball players may not be eligible

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by KYSportsWriter, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Coming from you, on a topic like this ... that means a lot, you mean old bastard :)

2. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Oh, you bring the popcorn and you can come watch the soap opera with me anytime. Between Pitino saying that anyone who coaches for Kentucky is universally hated, Wall, the inevitable Calipari meltdown...ohhh this basketball season is going to be so much fun.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Depends on whose rankings you go by. Some had Wall, others had Xavier Henry, who's at KU.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

That sure was a fun read.

5. Crash

Crash Active Member

Wall is going to play this year. If his possible suspension is restitution plus 10 percent (at worst), he will miss maybe three games.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Isn't it at best 10 percent? I could have read it wrong, though.

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

That's what I get for nodding off at 11 p.m., I guess.

All that said, I'm not sure it's news that someone --- or two someones, as the case may be --- "may be ineligible." Either they are or they aren't.

As I read it, Wall is currently eligible, Sidney is not. Someone let me know when that changes.

I do agree with Blitz on one thing regarding this issue --- it's pointless to try and predict what the NCAA will or won't do and why. How they rule on individual cases oftentimes doesn't seem to have much to do with precedent or how outsiders interpret their bylaws.

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

This was a fun thread to catch up on.

9. Chef

Chef Active Member

What the hell just happened?

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Actually, I think the address is starkvegasrulesmotherfucker!!!.rivals.com

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

That's awful...

They might have to return their Escalades to the boosters who bought them.

12. Chef

Chef Active Member

Now let's not get carried away. They are making the lease payments for them, not buying them. Titlework is still in the booster's name.

Draft saved Draft deleted