1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TWO ROY WILLIAMS, ONE TEAM/IR: Safety breaks arm

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by mustangj17, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Re: TWO ROY WILLIAMS, ONE TEAM - butterfingered receiver traded to Cowboys

So, if it is for a first and a third, that's a fantastic haul for the Lions, especially considering what Moss and T.O. went for -- a fourth and second, respectively, I believe. I'm one who thinks the Cowboys are dangerously close to spiraling down out of control. If it's a top-20 or 22 pick...nice.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Hey, what's that ticking sound?

The TO sideline bomb getting ready to go off as another WR takes his touches.

3. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Yeah a first round pick should have been enough. But now it's a first and a third. Plus a sixth for a seventh, which is bad for the Cowboys if they lose in the first round of the playoffs or something. That would mean the Lions could move up about 8-10 spots with that pick. But those little things add up; hopefully the Lions can make something with the little things and get somewhere.

4. greenlantern

greenlantern Guest

Keep in mind, the Cowboys just got a fifth-round pick from the Titans due to Pacman being a dumbass. So the way I see it, they gave up two draft picks instead of three. It will also be interesting how quickly Williams gets on the field. I wouldn't expect him to see time vs. the Rams. Hell, I doubt he'll play against the Bucs. Depends on how fast he picks up the offense. I also wonder if Jerry made this move to try to make things look better despite the numerous injuries and Pac suspension this week.

5. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Because Martin Mayhew hasn't had an opportunity to show whether he's Matt Millen Lite?

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Well he made the best move the Lions have made in years. So good for him.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Yeah, I'm gonna predict this will not end well for the Cowboys. This will just not work from a chemistry standpoint. It's not fantasy football. The Cowboys already had too many me-first whack jobs. The last thing they needed to do was add another guy who complains when he's not targeted 65 times a game.

And what sense does it make to add vertical weapons to an offense that will be run for at least a month by Brad Johnson, who can't throw the ball more than 10 yards?

They're not going to make the playoffs.

8. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

That was kind of my point.

I also agree with your point about Roy Williams being a good FF player again IF things go right. He won't have to face a number one corner now, and pass defenses will already be wary of Witten. And I haven't even mentioned The Player yet. </Parcells>

Plus, I feel a little more Redskins mojo from Mayhew than I did for Millen. Mayhew played four years in Washington. Millen only suited up for the Redskins for one season.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

You've got Barber and Felix Jones (when healthy) back there. Instead of trading for another No. 1 WR, Jerray Jones should have gotten another road-grader OL. Or even a pass-blocking OL to shore up the Cowboys' biggest problem on offense.

10. Goldeaston

Goldeaston Guest

He was going up No. 2 corners all year so far, but without a big crybaby No. 1 receiver playing ahead of him.

11. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Jerry Jones, fantasy football GM.

12. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Well, I don't like giving up a No. 1 next year for Mr. Williams. However, if being traded to Dallas, which is the team he rooted for and wanted to play for growing up, motivates him to shut his mouth and play the ball he's expected to, then the Cowboys will be alright.

However, this does have a big chance to blow up in their faces. That being said, I think this team makes the playoffs and even WINS a playoff game in spite of themselves.

Draft saved Draft deleted