1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Two rich kids run over guy, kill him, for tip jar money

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rusty Shackleford, Mar 5, 2008.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I think the assumption is they'd be able to afford better attorneys than say, a crackhead who relies on a public defender.

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Is there no such thing as a prosecutor's slam-dunk? This would seem to be it.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Maybe they could claim caffeine addiction and get off with probation.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

We need Jack McCoy on this one.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Nope. This is just the kind of case where Arthur Gold would have him for lunch...

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Paging Starman....

7. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

When I said money would help them out, i just meant that they'd get a better lawyer than a typical defendant, and that good lawyer would work the system so they get off easier. I didn't mean to imply bribes or anything, although I guess anything is possible.

As for the crappy car, they can still be from a rich family. Maybe they inherited older brother's car or something.

8. Cracker

Cracker Guest

I wonder if, by Missouri law, stealing the tip jar would be considered a felony (robbery?). If so, they likely would be up for first-degree murder charges under the felony-murder doctrine, as the death occured as a result of the commission of the crime.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Two suspects arrested. Turned out they aren't rich kids from an affluent St. Louis suburb, who woulda thunk it??

http://www.ksdk.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=141728

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Spare the rod spoil the child...

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/stlouiscitycounty/story/014A54461F032E77862574050017D913?OpenDocument

"He used to be a polite kid," Gary Poisson said. "All we know is he got involved with this girl and everything changed."

That statement tells me everything I need to know about the kid's parents.

It also says in the story that the kid was thinking about enrolling at Washington University in St. Louis. If that's true, then this kid is no dummy. He's just spoiled from the sounds of it.

11. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

The kid is 19 years old. Do you think his parents should still be spanking him?

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

No, but if they are making excuses for him when he allegedly ran a man down in a parking lot, what do you think they were doing for the past 19 years?

How many college drop outs can call dad for apartment rent?

Draft saved Draft deleted