1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Two rich kids run over guy, kill him, for tip jar money

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rusty Shackleford, Mar 5, 2008.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

This is totally going to cost them their scholarships. I hope Starbucks is ready to live with that guilt.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If they are driving a 1990s Ford Taurus, I'm not sure they are exactly rich.

3. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

haven't lived there in a long time, but never thought of Crestwood as being upper crust. Chesterfield, Clayton, sure; but Crestwood seemed more middle class.

4. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

But they do have the best fans in baseball. :)

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Anyone who's not poverty-stricken is well-to-do.

6. Flash

Flash Guest

That's what I thought ...

7. Chef

Chef Active Member

[​IMG]

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

"Beautful crime-free" Kirkwood is richer, FWIW.

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

It's not about the camera purchased, but it has to do with the amount of bandwidth purchased. You need an internet flow rate to capture a quality image.

I can honestly understand why Starbucks does not have a higher bandwidth purchased. I mean, how many people hold up a Starbucks? It's not a cash business. At least I don't think so. I would guess most of their customers just swipe a card no matter what the bill is.

Trust me, this image is good enough for the people to be caught.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Even if they get off easily criminally, they and their families will be sued into oblivion in civil court.

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I've got to wonder ... how is that going to work? Are you talking about the parents paying somebody off? Are you saying that enough money thrown in the right direction will get a heinous act like this pleaded down to a misdemeanor? I'm really curious to know how money is going to save their asses on this one.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Good lawyering, I assume.

Draft saved Draft deleted