1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

two positions, Sun Sentinel

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by sister_havana, May 16, 2006.

1. OkayPlayer

OkayPlayer Member

What a dumb conversation. This is a great job for whoever gets it. A lot of room for growth at a paper that produces good reporters.

Anyway, even in high-crime areas, most of serious crimes like murder don't happen to random people. You're not going to walk down the street and get blasted. Mugged maybe. But give away your wallet and you're fine. So calm down. Just don't get into slanging dope, or else you might be in trouble.

2. zman82

zman82 Member

anyone got the scoop on this ... or has the SE been mugged.

3. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Coming from someone who used to live in Miami, that might be the funniest thing I've ever read re: the area.
    But only because its true.

4. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Bump... anyone hear about these positions?

5. CarolinaCat

CarolinaCat New Member

Has this preps job been filled yet?

6. MCEchan36

MCEchan36 Guest

Does the Sun-Sentinel cover any of the Florida State League teams or the D-1 colleges that are in the area?

7. The Jupiter Cardinals get plenty of space, but the Miami Hurricanes aren't really worth the effort. They can't even sell out home games!

8. the_lorax

the_lorax Member

It's the Palm Beach Cardinals and the Jupiter Hammerheads. And yes, the Sentinel covers all of Miami's pro teams and Florida State, Florida and UM, plus Florida Atlantic, I'd assume.

9. zman82

zman82 Member

their coverage of the nba finals was pretty good and when i last saw the paper (during football seazson) they did cover the dolphins and the canes. which still begs the question, does anyone know what's up with this job?

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'd imagine this spot is filled, but does anyone know what happened with the writing spot?

11. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if it got caught in the Tribune's cost-saving plan or what... I e-mailed Brian White a few weeks ago and they said they were still trying to figure out what to do with the position.

12. Kamikaze Bingo

Kamikaze Bingo New Member

This spot is, indeed, filled. Stacy Hicklin, formerly of The Union in Grass Valley, Calif., took the position.

Draft saved Draft deleted