1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Two positions created at the NCAA

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Ronnie Ramos, Mar 19, 2010.

1. CA_journo

CA_journo Member

Received the same e-mail.

But hey, they gave me their best wishes and thanked me for my interest in the NCAA. So I got that goin' for me.

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Wanna explain, Ronnie?

3. littlehurt98

littlehurt98 Member

I just want to be clear that I didn't mean my comment about it being disappointing in a bad way toward the NCAA. I was just disappointed I wasn't considered.

4. Ronnie Ramos

Ronnie Ramos New Member

One of the jobs, the one responsible for oversight of our social media strategy, has been reopened. The job has evolved some since it was first created and we want someone who has experience developing social media strategy. We had lots of solid candidates, but most fell into the executing social media part of the equation. We're looking for someone with a deeper expertise in this field.

The other position, which has responsibility for the daily oversight of NCAA.org, has been filled. Kristen Leigh Porter, most recently of the Indianapolis Star, starts Monday.

We had lots of strong candidates, including several who mentioned they saw the listing here, so kudos to sportsjournalists.com.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Ronnie for posting the jobs here and being upfront.

6. SnoopyBoy

SnoopyBoy Member

Here here

7. littlehurt98

littlehurt98 Member

Good to know. I appreciate Mr. Ramos coming on here to explain.

Draft saved Draft deleted