1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Two positions created at the NCAA

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Ronnie Ramos, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Ronnie Ramos

Ronnie Ramos New Member

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Do you have to pay for wifi?

3. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Do you have to drink your morning coffee in a Vitamin Water Cup?

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Nice and nice.

5. Larry Holder

Larry Holder New Member

Agreed. Too funny.

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Not that I don't appreciate your attempts at knee-slapping humor folks, but let's keep it off the jobs board.
    We need people posting jobs here and they don't need to wade past one-liners to get to real questions about the job.
    Lots of people need jobs these days, you know?

7. theredshirtsenior

theredshirtsenior New Member

I interviewed with the NCAA a few years ago. All kidding aside, the facility and the people are really nice and, honest to god, you can buy Cokes out of the machine for a dime.

8. Ronnie Ramos

Ronnie Ramos New Member

Thanks moddy. Since several have asked about the timetable, applications will be accepted until April 5. I will move quickly after that to identify finalists and bring them in by the end of April. And, yes, the wifi is free, there are no vitamin water cups and the coke machine is, unfortunately, now 25 cents. And after 25 years in newsrooms, I can say this is a tremendous place to work (though the Shreveport newsroom was a close second - tremendous group of people).

9. Ronnie Ramos

Ronnie Ramos New Member

The positions have been reposted until 5 p.m. tomorrow (April 8) for those who wanted to apply. Some people have told me they tried to apply on April 5, after 5 p.m. We have had a strong response (more than 150 people for each opening). We just wanted to make sure those who were interested in applying had an opportunity.

10. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

And I'm sure Mr. Ramos meant April 8, not knowing that putting the 8 and the ) together would make 8)

11. littlehurt98

littlehurt98 Member

I received an e-mail today saying the assistant director of new media job is being reposted. Said after reviewing all the application it was being reposted. Kind of disappointing, I was kind of hoping for something from this job.

12. Drip

Drip Active Member

It is disappointing to hear if this is true. It's kind of like that Jim Rome job ad.

Draft saved Draft deleted