1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Two Men on Flight from Chicago Arrested on 'Preparation of a Terrorist Attack'

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Oh well.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/europe/09/01/netherlands.airport.arrests/index.html?hpt=T2

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

It's funny how easy it is to suspect a Muslim with a funny name and a bad stomach.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Mooslims!! Mooslims!! Boogity-boogity!!

I fear for my countree.

4. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

After good info at the start, we wind up getting a vague revisitation of just what the men were carrying.
    Bad journalism.

5. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

It's time for the folks who start these kinds of threads to step back and maybe wait for a story to develop before jumping to conclusions.

The climate developing in this country toward Muslims is pretty sad. We've been down this road before with this kind of mindset - and it ended up being one of the most disgraceful chapters in our country's history.

We really don't want to go there again - do we?

6. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Folks who start these threads?? Seriously? How about our news colleagues who report these stories as fact? Or the federal authorities who give out the information that leads to the stories in the first place?

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Thank you.

Reporters serving as stenographers for public officials/law enforcement officials and network airheads looking to drive viewership by scaring the shit out of people are feeding this and are not being held to account. Yet another black eye for the profession.

8. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Because if it looks like a bomb it's much more likely to get past TSA than if it simply looks like a bottle with more than 3 oz. of liquid.

9. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Even easier to hope all terrorism is committed by Americans.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yeah. Got me. I pray for health, happiness and domestic terrorism.

Draft saved Draft deleted