1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Two Indiana brothers OD at same party

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Jun 15, 2015.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I had my wisdom teeth yanked out a few years ago without being knocked out, and I was hoping the doc would give me some of the good stuff. Nope. Told me to take Advil a couple times a day for pain. I did, and turns out that's all that was needed.

Fuck that guy, though.

studthug12 and Dyno like this.
  2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Yeah. Percocet makes me nauseous, too.

3. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I was prescribed Vicodin after I had my wisdom teeth out and based on friends' experiences with Vicodin, I was looking forward to it. All it did was make me feel edgy and wired. It didn't dull the pain one bit. Advil was much more effective for me, even when I ended up with a dry socket, which was incredibly painful.

JackReacher likes this.
  4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Nice. You found the only doctor in the world who won't prescribe painkillers ... Do dentists ever use nitrous oxide anymore? I used to love it as a kid and used the industrial kind (whippets) as a college student.

5. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

He clearly doesn't live in Florida, land of the pill mill.

I got a prescription for the "good" pain pills when I broke my rib last fall. They made me sleepy and did nothing for the pain. Advil worked great.

I've never understood the appeal of downer drugs. There's nothing social about them!

cranberry likes this.
  6. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

My doctor prescribed me some industrial strength cough syrup when I had a bad chest cold/sinus infection. I picked it up at the pharmacy and it came in a big nondescript bottle, about 500Ml. I took a sizable swig of it without really paying attention to what it was and it knocked me for a loop, was all effed up and felt pretty awesome.

I looked at the labeling and saw that it was some sort of codeine syrup and I had taken far too much in one shot. I instantly got the appeal of the syzzurup that some Sother rappers are in to.

I got my lean on a few more times before getting better and dumping the bottle, totally see the appeal.

Donny in his element likes this.
  7. cranberry

They don't lubricate very well, either....

Two beers and a quaalude and I'd be passed out on a couch

JackReacher and Amy like this.
  8. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

It seems that heroin use definitely has risen, while coke has declined
    Well other than not being allowed to do it, there aren't any regulations or guidelines that need to be followed if you wanted to start selling it:D

9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

At that party I mentioned earlier, there was also a whippet room. First time I'd ever even heard of it.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I did not get knocked out, either, but the dentist sure wanted to use the gas. Did you have to talk him into the local, or does he like seeing the fear on patients' faces?

11. cranberry

I went to a Wilco concert in Central Park a couple years ago and there was a guy selling nitrous oxide balloons.

12. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Maybe the Whippet Room is what Mr. Whitman meant in his earlier post. :shrug:

Songbird likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted