1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

two in a row

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by thereligiouswrong, May 6, 2007.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I'd like to get an honest-to-gosh one day off in a row at least once a week.

2. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

Every single week, unless I request otherwise.

It's in the union contract employees MUST receive two consecutive days off every five days, unless mutually agreed upon otherwise.

I don't agree with it, because sometimes I miss things I actually want to cover.

Sometimes I'd rather have a Wednesday and Saturday off if nothing is going on on the Saturday.

But I'm "scheduled" to have every Wed/Thurs off.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

sundays and mondays.

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

When I don't work six days in a week, I get two days off in a row, generally Tuesday and Wednesday. Course I'm on the desk these days too.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

is the desk really that comfortable?

6. Mooninite

Mooninite Member

Actually Wed and Sat are my days, hate having them split. The sports guys at our paper are the only people in the building without consecutive days off. But we actually leveraged that for more money after our evaluations last year.

7. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

I work a Tue.-Sat. schedule, with Sundays and Mondays off. Its like that most every week, with a few execeptions. Then I get to make it up later. I do work from home sometimes on my days off, but i'm kicked back in recliner using the wireless laptop, so it aint too bad.

Everyone needs time off, unless you have no life. Then I can see someone wanting work seven days with just an occasional day off.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

even those people deserve days off bob, or at least paid for overtime.

9. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

I'm not saying they don't deserve days off. And I understand some people are in a bad situation. But some people just don't take days when they can. They either have nothing better to do, or feel it just can't get done unless they do it. BUt I agree, they NEED to take some time.

10. sgaleadfoot

sgaleadfoot Member

I usually get Sundays and Mondays off, unless I'm covering something at a racetrack during the weekend.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

sorry dude, i shoulda used the "non-preachy font" on that last post.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I probably get back-to-back days off once a month.

Draft saved Draft deleted