1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Two hours and counting till I know my fate

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by highlander, Apr 28, 2009.

1. if you're thinking about your readers right now when you're job is hanging in the balance, you're a real pro and a credit to the industry

2. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

The suspense is breath-taking.

Man, the cycle repeats itself over and over and over.

3. highlander

highlander Member

Still have a job. Thank God. Company has been purchased by some of it's lenders (not the bagel company). Thanks for all you guys support. Now, that my layouts are done, I'm out of here.

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Awesome and hooray.

5. pa writer

pa writer Member

As a guy who just saw his department gutted four days ago (we lost half the sports staff, the only newsroom department to suffer cuts), let me offer my sympathies, highliander. And let me second the sentiment on being out of here. The survivors in our paper's sports department are all scrambling for new jobs. It's basically a case of us running to the door like the building's on fire, with the last one out remembering to turn the lights out on the way out the door.

6. Colton

Colton Active Member

Good for you, Highlander. As a guy who has lost 47 percent of his staff's hours in the past 24 months, I know that feeling of impending doom all too well.

I'm glad you're still hanging in there.

7. highlander

highlander Member

I just meant my work for the day was done and I was out of there.

8. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Good news, dude.

9. A word of encouragement. Wow. I knew you had it in you.

Draft saved Draft deleted