1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Two exceptional opportunities in Baltimore

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Moderator1, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

No lie. Great jobs. Big, fat gold Moddy Seal.

Baltimore needs an Orioles writer and a content editor. One of the Ravens' writers (Jamison Hensley) left for ESPN and the Sun moved its lead baseball guy over (Jeff Zrebiec, who is excellent). It also lost a content editor (Kevin Eck) to WWE.

So email Ron Fritz (one of my favorite people in addition to being a first-class SE) at ron.fritz@baltsun.com. You can thank me later. You can even buy me a very expensive dinner, since you'll be close enough once you move.

Seriously, great gigs here. Get on 'em.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It's Tribune Company... What could go wrong? :D

3. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Moddy was talking about the jobs, not the company. Whose first thought when they're applying for a job is, "What company owns the paper?"

If people want a job, these two would be good ones.

4. writingump

writingump Member

Big. Boy. Jobs.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

what could go wrong is the same that could go wrong at just about any paper - all in this business know that. There's a leap of faith involved with just about any joint now. Duh? You go in with your eyes open to ANY job right now. These two, as my pal the writing gump (long story, I know it is NOT writing gump) noted, are the real deal.

6. Mizzougrad96

They're both great jobs. It's a great paper.

7. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Granted, we don't know what will happen, but it appears Tribune's been through its share of shit already. Two nice jobs... paper's a wee bit too small for my tastes and as big a city as Baltimore, but Orioles is definitely a prime beat.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Too bad I bought a house. Mmmmmm crab cakes.

9. Mizzougrad96

Unless you're a seamhead or too young to know better, covering baseball is brutal.

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I suspect she was eyeballing the other job.

11. CarlSpackler

CarlSpackler Active Member

If the quality of Orioles writers is anything like the quality of the players, I've got a chance...

12. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Though with this job you shouldn't have to worry about those pesky postseasons anytime soon.

Draft saved Draft deleted