1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Two days till Hoover

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Dec 7, 2006.

1. djc3317

djc3317 Guest

my god. I didn't realize just how cold it was gonna be. Is the pressbox open-air? Because I'll be there freezing my ass off this weekend.

2. fever_dog

fever_dog Active Member

would hoover lose by four or five touchdowns against the best team in texas?

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Seriously: If you sit in the front row, especially Friday night, bring something that you can wedge in the window frame like a door stop to keep the windows tightly shut.
    The difference between the front row and third row is like 20 degrees.
    I can honestly say -- with stints in Michigan and Minnesota -- that this is the coldest high school game I've covered...

temp 26, WC 14

4. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

A line from the MTV show
    Coach Propst : "Ross, who the f**k did you just throw to?"

Does anyone know what I'm talking about? That line was hilarious. I wish someone would've posted it on youtube.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Rush doesnt swear any more... he told us...

6. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

So, did anybody in Birmingham mention Rush Propst in connection to the Alabama job?

7. WS

WS Member

not Alabama but Rush might get mentioned for UAB if it comes open

I used to cover a little Hoover a couple of years ago as an intern, so I was definitely watching Two-A-Days with interest. And the "Ross, who the (bleep) did you just throw to" was my favorite comment, along with any scene that featured RePete's Dad.

8. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Question:
    Why does everyone on the Hoover football team have this hairdo?
    [​IMG]

9. grrlhack

grrlhack Member

CT: for the same reason that all the kids at the little preppie high school in my coverage area has it -- it's the hair of choice for the WASPs.

10. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

At least they're not all rockin' the slick and lift. Well, at least not yet. Not until they become full-fledged, collar-popping douche bags in college.

11. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

I'm with you Murci. Since I don't have a horse in that race, I say go Lions. But I do have a horse in the Athens race. Watch out. The Golden Eagles are gonna take down some Eufaula ass.

Oh, and Slappy, where I am right now, it's 21 with a wind chill of 8. And I'm roughly 85 or so miles up the road from you. It's damn cold.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Yeah, his little fan boys, hoping that people would take him seriously for it.

Rush would be good at three places: A D2 head coach, a D1 offensive coordinator and UAB -- a school that struggled with an identity under Watson Brown. Propst knows the area, would kick start the offense and people who like his football would show up. How well he'd do going from high school to a mid-major remains to be seen. But he's someone you ahve to think about for it.

Fuerte, will you been waxing attendance this weekend?
    (am home now, awaiting the group for the annual card game...
    Temp 24, WC 11

Draft saved Draft deleted