1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Two completely different features on one brand of headphones

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Versatile, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

The new iPod earphone fit a lot better than the originals, but when I have the money and inclination, I might get the Bose AE or earbuds that work with iOS products. I had the first-generation cans, and while they frayed around the plug too much (I got them replaced twice for free) the sound was most excellent. The new ones have designed that flaw out of it, or at least made it a lot easier and cheaper to fix.

2. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I'm too lazy to look for it, but there was at least one study that got some news and social media traction testing people's ability to detect sound quality differences, and it found that most people heard no major difference between cheap headphones and really expensive ones.

3. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

I got them free with my phone. I like them, but I wouldn't pay much, if any, premium for them.

ETA: Well, not *free*, but, you know.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I have these I use in the office: http://www.ihomeaudio.com/iB43BM/

And these I use when we're working at a different site: http://shop.avon.com/shop/assets/images/prod/PROD_1154441_XL.jpg

Why yes, those are hot pink ear buds with bling. Why do you ask? :D

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I found it interesting that Dr Dre's 10 song play list in ESPN had Smells Like Teen Spirit.

6. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

Which outlet was there first?

Obviously, they salted the earth for the other.

Anyway:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted