1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Two Charlotte Observer jobs

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Mike_Persinger, May 12, 2006.

1. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Yeah, Mike, please don't stop posting. It's refreshing and helpful to many of us.

2. boots

boots New Member

Mike did a nice job of posting. I took his answers to mean something else. A few have told me I was wrong. Sorry for jumping the gun.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Mike didn't rise to his job by being stupid. I'm sure knows when someone is being a pain in the ass just because.
    And, no, I don't know Mike either and am not a candidate for his jobs. I just know he has a good rep in the bidness and he's been forthcoming on here. And will continue to be (I hope).

4. nachoman

nachoman New Member

Just saw a posting for sports designer on SND. Anybody hear anything?

5. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

You're Hired.

6. nachoman

nachoman New Member

Fuck, yeah. That's what I like to hear. See you Monday.

7. Grey

Grey Member

what he said.

8. We posted the design job on snd website because we hadn't posted it there, only here and journalismjobs.com. Will probably post it at vizeds website, too. Might be a few people out there more likely to see the posting there than here, even though this site is more entertaining.

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

In its own weird way.

10. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Hey Mustardbased ... you're hired!

11. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

I was going to flag you for illegal use of the "You're Hired!" Then I realized I bumped the freaking thread a month or so ago.

Damn.

12. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Oh, it's not astounding, not when you consider the source.

It's pretty much just another day of polo/dyepack being an absolute barrel of ball sacks. He's a miserable shit who only signs on here to make everyone else miserable.

Maybe his schtick won't deter Mike and other editors from coming on here and conversing. But I wouldn't bet on that.

EDIT: BY the way, Mike, if you should ever need someone who is absolutely apeshit crazy, would terrorize not only your sports department but the entire newspaper and who would come into work every few months using a different name ... boy, have I got just the guy for you.

Draft saved Draft deleted