1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Two big names out in Tampa...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Mizzougrad96, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I've heard a few people, including at least one big name pro beat writer, just got the axe.

Nothing like layoff news to make you sick to your stomach a few times a week.

2. Drip

Drip Active Member

Re: Tampa layoffs

Sort of like pissing in corn flakes Mizzou. Just not healthy.

3. Mizzougrad96

Apparently, one writer quit, the other was fired.

4. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

When can we progress to the actual names?

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I think I know the names, though I didn't hear about the fired part. SF, when I learn for sure I will post something.

6. bdangelo

bdangelo Member

No layoffs here. Marc Lancaster resigned the Rays beat and is headed to Washington D.C., where his wife got a job. Marc had a very gracious final blog on tbo.com on his final day here. Class act, awesome beat writer, he will be missed, personally and professionally.

7. Mizzougrad96

Well, there are two jobs open for writers, so here's hoping the first two calls go to Scott Carter and Carter Gaddis.

8. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

I can't imagine they fill both jobs with hires. Maybe one. They've laid off enough writers that I can't see them hiring two people from outside, even for key positions on the staff.

Draft saved Draft deleted