1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

two amusing things about the heisman trophy presentation:

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by king cranium maximus IV, Dec 8, 2007.

1. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

That's the Houston Cougar hand signal, like Hook 'em Horns at Texas and guns up at Texas Tech.

2. patchs

patchs Active Member

How about Johnny Rogers taking a pic of Tebow FROM the back as he made his speech.

3. John

John Well-Known Member

Exactly. Ware did that all the time the year he won the Heisman.

[​IMG]

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

These awards shows are so stiff and lame. I've seen people looking like they're having a better time at a funeral.

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

If I remember correctly, many years ago that hand signal was given by the Texas rivals (Tech, A&M). Not only is it what today is known as the shocker, but it's the "Hook 'Em Horns" sign with a middle finger added, as in "Fuck the Horns."

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

I hope he thanked Carlton and the rest of the Banks family during his speech.

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Yeah, but at least he won't fall for the banana in the tailpipe.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'm watching Carlton right now. He's in Compton for the weekend. It's a ripping good episode.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Not as good as the one where he's packin heat and wants to cap a gang banger.

That was a very special episode.

10. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I believe Blossom now-and-forever holds the deed to very special episodes.

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

When Will sheds a tear at the end, I stop what I'm doing and watch. It's not my favorite episode, but damn is it good.

And Blossom holds the deed to casting the oddest-looking lead character ever. And isn't the best friend supposed to be a step down from the main character, in terms of looks? Because Six ran laps around Miss Russo.

12. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Mmmmmm, Jenna Von Oy...yummy

*heads over to google/wikipedia to find pics of her and the hot chick from Boy Meets World - Topanga!*

Draft saved Draft deleted