1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Twitter

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by YGBFKM, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Radio host Steve Czaban, who has a national morning show on Yahoo! Radio and a local show in D.C., has bailed on his Twitter account — and given some very logical reasons for doing so. Some good insight here on the folks in the Twitter danger zone.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2013/01/14/why-steve-czaban-gave-up-twitter/

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Huge explosion of college boobies twitter accounts yesterday. I believe @KUBoobs started the whole thing. And a few short hours later, seemingly every college in the country was represented.

My favorite name: @WarDamnBoobies. Solid profile picture, too.

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

To me, that just seems like an acknowledgement that he's too dumb to be trusted with a keyboard.

I have a Twitter account with my employer identified in my handle. I have yet to tweet anything that would get me in trouble. It's really not that hard.

I suspect the scary thing for Czaban is that it's a lot easier to be held accountable for stupid shit you say on Twitter than it is for stupid shit you say on the radio.

4. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

This is the kind of day Twitter was made for. Folks are KILLING it on the Te'o story.

5. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

If Bin Laden's death didn't break Twitter, nothing will.

I don't really like Twitter as I am a writer and see more pitfalls than good. However, I LOVE being on Twitter during prez debates and big NFL games.

Draft saved Draft deleted