1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Twitter

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by YGBFKM, Jan 5, 2013.

1. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

YNGAA

2. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

IK; ABCD, T.

3. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I deleted my profile because I was spending way too much time on it. However, I highly recommend, the onion, Jesus Christ, Sports Pickle and The Rick Grimes if you're a Walking Dead fan.

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Isbell is great on twitter. It's always nice to discover that someone whose work you enjoy is not an asshole.

5. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

6. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

That is a great sign, DD

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Does Bob Avellini have a Twitter account? I'm asking. I'd follow that shit.

Maybe I'll start a fake account ... @ExBearsQBs.

8. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

No luck on the real Jay Cutler, but NotJayCutler has an account.

9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

He hasn't posted in about five days, but @DadBoner is the best thing on Twitter.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Dan Dakich ‏@dandakich

Yo National media..when saying what a great man Ray Lewis..at least try to remember the victims family's of the murder he participated in

11. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

It's sort of rich to me how national media folks have been indignant over the fact that no one is pointing out that Ray Lewis was involved in a murder investigation ... While pointing out Ray Lweis was involved in a murder investigation.

I've seen a lot of Ray Lewis career retrospectives written this week. I can't remember one that didn't mention Atlanta. So I'm unclear who is committing this great whitewashing of Ray Lewis' rep.

Play-by-play guys?

"Ray Lewis, who once pleaded guilty to obstruction of justice in a double homicide, on the tackle for a three yard gain."

12. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

It's a simple rhetorical trick. An argument gains strength when it seems unique. Create a scenario in which you are the only one speaking the truth, and you become the truth-speaker.

Why doesn't anyone realize that Tiger Woods was playing better when he was getting laid constantly?

Draft saved Draft deleted