1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Twitter

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Mar 29, 2009.

1. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Google is about to buy it in order to give us the capability of searching the real-time thoughts of millions of people.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/04/03/AR2009040304363.html?nav=hcmodule

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Do you use it? I would say 99 percent of posts aren't about what people are eating or doing.

3. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

I'm not ashamed to admit when I'm wrong, and I've recently learned I was wrong about two things -- Twitter and Crocs.

Twitter is much more useful than I thought it was, and I'll be damned if Crocs aren't about a million times more comfortable than any other pair of shoes I've owned.

What I'm saying is, don't knock it till you've tried it.

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Couldn't they have just named it something that sounds a little less ridiculous?

5. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

You mean like "google" or something?

6. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Or perhaps "yahoo," maybe even with an exclamation mark on the end.

7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I just feel kind of stupid telling someone, ``Just a second, I'm tweeting.''

8. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Understood. But a few years ago, you probably felt kind of stupid saying, "I Googled it." This too shall pass.

9. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

It worked out OK for Bobby Day.

10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

You still look a fool when you wear Crocs though :D

11. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Perhaps, but they do make styles that look less ridiculous now (i.e. not all of 'em have holes in the top these days) and they come in colors that resemble real eggs, sted Easter eggs. Mine are "chocolate". :)

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

My nephews all have them in "normal" colors, but they're still silly looking. They make excellent river shoes though, mostly b/c of the holes.

Draft saved Draft deleted