1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Twitter

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Mar 29, 2009.

1. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

Shaq: Real.
    John Mayer: Real.
    Britney: Not real.

It's pretty much a crapshoot.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Covers a lot of things besides Twitter.

3. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

Her hoo-hoo is fake?

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

No, that's real enough. There's pictorial evidence, after all.

5. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

Oh. That must mean it's true.

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Her boobies are fake though, I'd bet.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Interesting business story in the Globe on how one company uses Twitter in their marketing

http://business.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20090401.wsmb_tsb_socialnet0401/BNStory/specialSmallBusiness/home

Sarah Thompson who recently established the Toronto public relations agency CoeurIdeas, says Twitter's search feature, which lets her hunt for tweets containing a word or phrase, is a great way to monitor public opinion about a product or announcement.

Gifford Watkins, founder and chief executive of Atlantic Webfitters in Mount Uniacke, N.S., uses Twitter to keep up with news and rumours about DotNetNuke, the open-source software his company uses in building Web portals.

8. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

I received a media request via Twitter today. So simple. Easy peasy.

Further to JR's post, people are talking about you. Do you know what they're saying?

9. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

Nice, very nice

10. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

Decent enough intro for journalists here:

http://www.niemanlab.org/2009/04/a-twitter-workshop-for-journalists/

11. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Let the record show I think Twitter is a fad. Three years from now people will feel silly for getting invested in it. There's going to be a backlash -- no one needs to know that a friend from high school is having a cup of coffee or changing a diaper. Not saying it doesn't have legitimate uses, but I think this is where the backlash will begin. At some point people will react by wanting to experience actual life, and I think anti-Twitter will be the jump-off point.

I'll tweet if I'm wrong.

12. I started using Twitter for work this week, and let me tell you, I've become a big fan. I put shit on there that I hear on the scanner and crack a joke or two, and it seems to be going over well.

This comes after months of my twitter account being dormant. I don't get it on a personal level. That seems to be for the self-absorbed. But it is useful getting information out. I encourage people to try it for work.

Now I use facebook strictly for family and friends and twitter for work.

Draft saved Draft deleted