1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Twitter Hacked

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Don't even log into your page. Someone hacked it and the minute you drag your mouse over anything something weird happens. It didn't trigger my computer's anti-virus, but it still isn't good.

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Looks fine to me. Sure it's not on your end?

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

My problem was a post from somewhere was retweeted by someone on my list. Right above it was something from @Breaking_News telling me the same thing.

4. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Strange to find only two items on this (just googling), and both are from the UK:

http://www.thedrum.co.uk/news/2010/09/21/15742-twitter-hacked-with-onmouseover-command-/

http://www.electricpig.co.uk/2010/09/21/twitter-homepage-hacked-the-onmouseover-apocalypse/

5. ADodgen

ADodgen Member

The front page of twitter is filled with posts about the problem. It's definitely real, and I'm terribly annoyed.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

See? There are advantages to being a Luddite.

7. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Try to access Twitter on a different interface like Hootsuite or TwitterGadget ... or on a smartphone interface like UberTwitter.

8. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Great...I suspect I'll see an e-mail from Mr. Publisher asking us why our Twitter feed was hacked.

9. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Tweetdeck works as well. A lot of college football writers got hit this morning. I follow many of them and had weird tweets in my feed. Luckily I use it on my phone and therefore, I rarely open the links.

10. ADodgen

ADodgen Member

It's all better now.

11. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Can someone explain to me what is Tweetdeck and why I should have it?

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

From wiki:

"TweetDeck interfaces with Twitscoop, 12seconds and Stocktwits, all of which can appear in separate columns."

Of course it does.

Draft saved Draft deleted