1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Twitter courted by Google, Facebook?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Stitch, Feb 10, 2011.

1. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Facebook is not going anywhere guys.

Because of Facebook people have a centralized unit to do everything. Send texts, e-mails, private messages, share photos, calendars events, post messages, post ads or classifieds, and check in to places.

It's e-mail, phone, flickr, evite, craigslist, foursquare, and yelp all rolled into one.

Plus it ads the ability to share YouTube videos easier. Things go viral much quicker because of Facebook. Its not going anywhere.

2. SteveRep44

SteveRep44 Member

We are getting closer and closer to the reality Conan foretold during his ill-fated run on the Tonight Show:

Twitter, YouTube and Facebook will combine into one mega-site and be known as YouTwitFace.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Do you think people might ever just get tired of living their social lives online?

Wife said the same thing to me the other night, though, after we watched "The Social Network": "Facebook is here to stay."

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Maybe, but I'm making a career out of social media so I hope not. Besides it is a cheap and effective business marketing tool which ads to its staying power.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

There was a mention here about how FB status updates have dried up. I think they have largely moved over to Twitter. People use FB more like extremely useful email, right, rather than as a chance to announce that one is eating a jelly donut or as a conduit for sending their deep thoughts and witticisms out to the universe?

Draft saved Draft deleted