1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Twins who were adopted get married

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportschick, Jan 11, 2008.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Erm ... you're surprised politicians don't lie to advance their agendas more often?

Let's see ... they have the same birthday, they look sort of alike, they are both adopted ... and evidently, they're too stupid to even wonder.

He doesn't name the couple, the judge or a timeframe for this case, either.

Doesn't pass the smell test.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I lean toward the idea that Lucas didn't decide to make Luke and Leia siblings until the shooting of "TESB" was well under way. For the first half of the movie, they're acting pretty un-sibling-like.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

If somebody can find it, take a look at the movie poster for the first one, with her arm wrapped around his thigh. If they were always supposed to be brother and sister, Lucas has some interesting ideas on families.

Then again, Lucas also had Han Solo die at the end of The Empire Strikes back at one point in the writing of the script, then changed his mind, so obviously the plans kept changing.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Gerbils fuck their siblings. Are we so much better than gerbils?

5. Starman

Unavailable for comment. :eek: :eek:

[​IMG]

6. I can't argue the backstory, because I don't know it, but it's perfectly credible as a story-telling device because the two didn't find out they were brother and sister until Return of the Jedi. I mean, it's only natural for a single guy and single girl to flirt a bit before they find out they're related.

7. Starman

Well, yeah, but knowing now what we didn't know then, it's still a little skeevy.

:eek: :eek:

8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

What he said. There's a difference between the characters knowing and the director/screenwriter knowing. I don't think incest in cinema was kosher even in the fast-and-loose 1970s ...

9. It was a kiss and, from what I remember at the time, it turned into a much publicized plot twist that kept people talking about the movie.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

All they did was kiss. Leah planted one on Luke to make Han Solo jealous.

I remember seeing an interview with Carrie Fisher when she talked about the entire cast, particularly her and Mark Hamill, being grossed out when they saw read that they were brother and sister in the script.

Nothing like a good Star Wars threadjack.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Turns out the entire story might be urban legend ...

http://lifeandhealth.guardian.co.uk/family/story/0,,2240924,00.html

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

We called this.

Draft saved Draft deleted