1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Twinkies on the brinky (Updated with news that plants will reopen)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by novelist_wannabe, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Re: Twinkies on the brinky

Race to the bottom, won.

2. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Good to know $150 million in concessions are "ridiculous demands."

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Summary of bamadog's post -- me, me, me, me, I, I, I, I, selfish, screw you.

What a shock someone with that attitude hates collective bargaining.

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Can one be in favor of "right to work" statutes and not "hate collective bargaining"?

5. Bamadog

Bamadog Well-Known Member

What's wrong with self-interest? I guess it's selfish to want to make more money or heck, just improve yourself or your position over the collective. By the way, when did we become the Borg from Star Trek? Resistance is futile.

If you want to be a union and give away your right to individually bargain, be my guest. But don't make those dues mandatory for all who work there, which is what a right-to-work state constitutes.

But if you choose a union and that union chooses a suicidal negotiation tack, don't come crying to me when excessive union contracts make the cost of doing business too much for these corporations you people decry as evil.
    They are in the business of making profits for their shareholders. They're not there to supply you with jobs. Duh.

I love the personal attacks. Keep it coming. It's the sign of the mentally weak whose arguments are based on envy and Marxist platitudes they thought were awesome when they were stoned in college. It's only FAIR, man. It's so EQUAL, man. I love hearing from the Leftist hive mind. So enjoyable and laughable.

Good day and thanks for stopping by.

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Like all human institutions, some unions are good and some are bad. Just like some corporations are good and some are bad.

Most of the workplace rights and privileges you now enjoy and take for granted were won originally by collective bargaining.

You want to make a better union? Participate in the running of it.

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

"Individually bargain." LMAO

8. TheSportsPredictor

Sounds like it's someone else who has the fuck-everyone-who-doesn't-agree-with-me attitude.

9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

And that's such a rare thing on these boards.

10. Bamadog

Bamadog Well-Known Member

I have an opinion. Apparently, so do you. The difference is I don't begrudge your opinion.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Right to work: For nothing.

12. TheSportsPredictor

Your posts, which tell everyone to take what they get (as long as you agree with) or GTFO, say otherwise.

Draft saved Draft deleted