1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Twinkies on the brinky (Updated with news that plants will reopen)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by novelist_wannabe, Apr 17, 2012.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Re: Twinkies on the brinky

Or one. :D

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Dammit ... now I've got a hankering for one of those.

3. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I have no idea how many fruit pies I paid for (my friend was a good panhandler), but I've never actually had one of those either.

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. MightyMouse

MightyMouse Member

Nicely done.

6. Bamadog

Bamadog Well-Known Member

I don't think they'll be treating the employees like shit. That's ridiculous. It's better to have a job that pays less than no job at all. Unions suck. They were necessary when slaughterhouse workers were losing limbs and textile mill workers were getting chopped up and companies treated them horribly. They're not needed for most jobs today. Now they're just nothing more than extensions of the Democratic Party.

7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Please define "needed." Do you really believe that all employers treat employees fairly and that employees should not be able to represent themselves collectively?

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Actually they're both shit options.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Shut up and take what the Job Creators give you. Haven't you been listening for the last 30 years?

P.S., the "ridiculous demands" of the union include $150 million in concessions.

10. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Read some pretty horrifying tales from Hostess workers a few months back. Lots of talk from workers about being forced to make unreasonable delivery runs with trucks that were 20 or more years old (and not being repaired).

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Funny name, yeah, but you'd be surprised all the brands that Bimbo (BEEM-bo) now owns in the U.S.: Ball Park, EarthGrains, Entenmann's, Mrs. Baird's, Sara Lee, etc. Bimbo is now the fourth-largest food corporation in the world.

Wouldn't surprise me a bit if Bimbo bought out Hostess for a song.

12. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

Bimbo bread is actually pretty good bread. But around here, only Walmart sells it and they put about six loaves on the bottom shelf. At least down there, no one else sees it, so there's always a loaf. It costs less than Sara Lee and Wonder and is better stuff than the store brand.

Draft saved Draft deleted