1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Twin being honored punks business newspaper; editor not amused

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by WolvEagle, Nov 20, 2013.

1. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

2. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

"Who among us doesn’t love the stories of identical twins switching places?"

Hey, if that's her lede, it's all downhill from there.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Telling him he can't come to the party, what a mature move.

Gotta learn to laugh at yourself. I highly doubt any reader felt the integrity of the feature was compromised.

Now if we find out that Dan got to fuck her under the premise that he was Mike, then she has something.

4. BrianM

BrianM Member

He should just show up at the party and claim that he's his twin.

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

The BBJ’s credibility is everything.

Big Baby Jesus?

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Next, we'll find out that somebody in the 40 under 40 feature is actually age 41. Think of the scandal!!!

7. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

Now that would be something...

8. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Ah, one of the newspaper industry's desperate attempts to wrangle "congrats" ads out of businesses owned/run by younger people.

Our shop does this special section, too ... except we've had to rename it "30 under 40" because we can't get enough nominations.

Says something about the age of both our readers and the community in general, eh?

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Especially in the very next line:

“The Prince and the Pauper,” and “The Parent Trap” (the original one) are among my favorites."

The 'original' 'Parent Trap' was absolute shit:

1) I'm sorry, but Hayley Mills was a butt-ugly kid. Both twins were depicted as snot-nosed brats.

2) They apparently caught Maureen O'Hara after about 18 months of eating pizza. She looked fat, frumpy and dowdy, much worse than she ever did in movies before or after (in 'Spencer's Mountain' about two years later, she looks about 25 pounds lighter and about 2000% better).

3) I realize it was the macho early 60s, the era of 'Mad Men' and everything, but the two parents, sometimes under the influence, hit each other, HARD, IN THE FACE, several times in the course of the movie. Disney movie standards have changed a hell of a lot in 50 years I suppose, but it's kind of hard to imagine how a mother and father hitting each other in the face was considered fair game for family fare.

4) Brian Keith played an obnoxious asshole as usual. He seemed to slide into those parts quite naturally.

To get back to the journalism issue, the 'innocent' twin was in on the joke too, so it's a little dumb they're not kicking him out of this honor-roll thing as well.

I have identical twin nieces who are spot-on Xeroxes of each other. I assume they will start pulling this stuff soon themselves.

10. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

What a whiner. Invite them both and make the most out of it.

Draft saved Draft deleted