1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Twilight Zone and other holiday marathons

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TrooperBari, Jul 3, 2007.

1. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

For those who missed it at New Year's, the Sci-Fi Channel is running another Twilight Zone marathon today and tomorrow -- save for an hour of, erm, ECW and some paid programming in the wee hours. Highlights include (all times Pacific):

Today
    2 p.m. -- Nightmare at 20,000 feet
    5 p.m. -- People Are Alike All Over
    10 p.m. -- The Last Flight
    11:30 p.m. -- One for the Angels (probably my second favorite)

Wednesday
    Noon -- Time Enough at Last (my favorite)
    2:30 p.m. -- The Fugitive
    5 p.m. -- The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street
    6 p.m. -- To Serve Man
    7 p.m. -- Will the Real Martian Please Stand Up?

Sci-Fi also has a Dead Like Me marathon running Thursday. If those aren't your thing, Discovery has a Dirty Jobs marathon today and a Mythbusters marathon tomorrow.

2. chazp

chazp Active Member

The Martian episode is one of the classics. I though there was also a Sopranos marathon on A&E, or did I get the date wrong.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

And 16 episodes of Law & Order (the original) from 8 a.m. til midnight tomorrow

4. Please, big baby Jesus, at least a couple with Stone and Robinette.

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Mmmmmmmmmm Mythbusters!

6. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I'm having a "Sopranos" marathon, if anyone wants to join me. I now have the entire series on DVD.

7. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Have to check out that Twilight Zone. Not sure of the names of the episodes, but I like the one where the talking doll is trying to kill Telly Sevallas (sp). The one where the family builds the bomb shelter and the rest of the town thinks its under nuclear attack and tries to get in. And how about the one where the guy dies and is walking along a country road with his dog. He was going to down one path when the other guy said the dog wasn't allowed. He continued on and went to a second path that led to Heaven. He said any place that doesn't allow a dog isn't for me.

I love how Rod Serling always had a message and how the bad guys would always get their commupance.

8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I'd like to see a Dream On marathon, not because I'm a fan of the show (I'm not), but just because I'd like to see the marathon called "Dream On and on and on and on..."

9. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

TLC is having a "Little People, Big World" marathon

10. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Will ESPN have a marathon of its awful self-produced movies?

11. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

[​IMG]

IT'S A COOKBOOK!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. chazp

chazp Active Member

To Serve Man. Another cool episode. Man, I've seen some of them dozens of times.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted