1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Twenty-five years ago today

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Johnny Dangerously, Mar 5, 2007.

1. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Cheeseburger, cheeseburger, cheeseburger!!!

2. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

In a world where Will Ferrell had two DVDs of his best SNL skits, Cheri F#$^ing Oteri has one, Jimmy Fallon has one, Molly Shannon, Chris Kattan, Tracy Morgan has one and any number of guests hosts have a set, etc . . . it's a crime to see their DVDs displayed next to his.

He was one of the greats, and his SNL stuff is up there with Eddie Murphy's in terms of being timelessly hilarious.

A great talent, too undisciplined to avoid an early death. Yes, he made a couple of stinker films, but Animal House and The BLues Brothers are classics.

Cheeburger, cheeburger, cheeburger!!!!! (there used to be a restaurant in Orlando called this, where if you ate the pound burger, you got your polaroid on the wall. Remember a couple of Magic players up there).

No fries, cheeps.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

He didn't get enough credit for Continental Divide, tho Blair Brown was the main attraction. 1942 and Neighbors were steaming piles.

4. I did not know Bill "Superfoot" Wallace found him.

5. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I thought the title was 1941, but I could be wrong. It was indeed a steaming pile that fortunately Belushi and Spielberg were able to recover from.

6. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Wormer's a dead man. Niedermeyer, dead. Marmarlard...

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

That man is a P I G pig.

8. "1941" sucked out loud.

But his "SNL" stuff was classic. His spoof of those old Bruce Jenner Wheaties commercials makes me fall off my chair still.

9. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

He died the day before my 16th birthday.
    I'll never forget the short film where he was the last surviving member of the cast, dancing on the other cast members' graves.

10. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Ding!

I got the SNL first-season DVD set for Christmas and have been afraid to open it.

Maybe this is a good reason to set the wayback machine and check it out.

11. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

This one?

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

And remember Belushi's d*ck-in-a-box skit.
    Classic.

Draft saved Draft deleted