1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tweets from Buzz

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 1, 2011.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, I know we've had threads on Buzz Bissinger before. Just caught a few of his tweets - this guy could be his own TV show.

buzzbissinger buzzbissinger
    Anybody who hates Tony La Russa is a fucking moron. And anybody who thinks Billy Beane changed baseball is a bigger fucking moron.

Have to go to my shrink now. That's always fun. Only hope afterwards is that steering will go and I crash into Starbucks.

There's more. He's on a roll.

@
    @sugashayne3 That's the stupidest fucking thing I have ever heard. Look at his record!! Just look at it. And learn how to spell.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

patforde patforde
    Anybody who hates Rick Pitino is a fucking moron.

tomverducci tomverducci
    Anybody who hates Joe Torre is a fucking moron.

Whatever, Buzz. 140 characters not allow for full disclosure, I guess?

3. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Dick, he addresses the very issue you're hinting at in his Daily Beast column about La Russa, which is what set off all these tweets.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/11/01/st-louis-cardinals-manager-tony-la-russa-s-strange-genius.html

He also says he and La Russa don't speak, or at least went a long period without speaking, I presume because Buzz went completely bitchcakes over the Glenn Beck rally and unloaded on La Russa for dragging Pujols to it.

4. Dick Whitman

To me, the Tweets are a separate publication, requiring a fresh disclosure, not just an annex of his column.

5. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

I think Bissinger's been pretty up front about his collaboration with La Russa. He's like that with everything; a few months ago he wrote how much he made off Friday Night Lights the TV show.

He linked to his Daily Beast column on his Twitter, which includes this:

So not sure how much more he should disclose. Should every Tweet have an asterisk, with an explanation in his profile that he did a book about La Russa? Is that really what you're asking for?

Edit: Damn you, Double Down.

6. Dick Whitman

I guess I am, yeah.

Idealistic, I know. Perhaps even impractical.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

He woke up again?

8. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

It's also entertaining reading Bissinger critique Michael Lewis. Vanity Fair fight! Whose side is Wolcott on?

9. Greenhorn

Greenhorn Active Member

'Tis nothing moronic about disliking La Russa.

10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

How much did he make off FNL the TV show?

11. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

EDIT: Pardon me, now that I look it up I see it was about $1,500 per episode. Or, to put it another way, what Michael Lewis gets paid to write 150 words for Vanity Fair.

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I thought I saw something that he made like $2K per episode, which if that was the case for the whole run would have put him well into six figures in total take. Maybe it switched when it became the DirecTV deal, don't know about that.

I also recall reading that he said he has given a good amount of money to Boobie Miles over the years.

Draft saved Draft deleted