1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tweeters You Like

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

@oldmansearch - Some guy set his 81-year-old dad up with Twitter account and told him it was a search engine. Not sure if it's completely legit, but there is some funny shit on there.

2. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

@JennyJohnsonHi5

(Thank you, Sonner!)

She's pretty crude, but incredibly funny. Plus, she spends a great deal of time absolutely killing Kim Kardashian on Twitter, which I appreciate.

Sample of recent tweets:

"People should focus less on occupying Wall Street and more on all of the red-headed people out there having unprotected freckle sex."

"I think 'The View' would be an amazing show if they got rid of all of the cameras and microphones."

3. I unfollowed Whitlock because he's not as funny as he thinks he is and most of his tweets were pimping one of his columns, asking someone to send him a link to his column or a Wire reference. I love the Wire as much as anyone but he just started grating on the the nerves.

Some that haven't been mentioned:

@KenLevine (he's an announcer for the Mariners and also a comedy writer for such shows as MASH, Cheers, etc)
    @PaulPabst (producer the Dan patrick Show)
    @BFeldmanCBS (Bruce Feldman)
    @JayGlazer
    @TheBillWalton (very funny)
    @richeisen
    @michaelombardi (only one "L")

I'm @aLargeRegular - you can look at the people I follow if yu want other suggestions. That's the best way to find new people to follow. Check to see who the people you like are following (unless that person is Jay Bilas)

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

@edsbs is the twitter feed for the college football blog EveryDayShouldBeSaturday.com. Deeply weird posts but can be highly entertaining.

The guy that run the site is apparently a Florida grad and his tweets while watching the Gators are probably what mine would look like if I was tweeting during a Cubs game.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I can't live w/o Old Hoss, but he's been listed.

I also love the Goldman Sachs Elevator, although sometimes I don't know if I should laugh or cry...

@GSElevator

When I walked in, I nodded at the lone Asian protester. Life probably didn't work out quite as he planned when he was at Berkeley.

Look through her passport. You can usually tell if the relationship is worth pursuing... (Laughs) 3 stamps, and they all say 'Cancun.'

If you want a friend, get a dog. If you want a friend with benefits, find some chick who's in PR.

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

@gruntland33

7. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

Added since that first post I made:

@GRAMMARHULK

which led to

@DRUNKHULK

Also:
    @sportsbizmiss
    @twhitlockjason
    @georgetakei
    @adamrichman
    @god_damn_batman

8. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

AJ McCarron's Beard.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

@ newyorktimes. breaking stories without wall.

@keitholberman - love to tweak him. Sometimes he responds

Not a big fan of retweets. Some take too much advantage of their followers on this.

10. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Mainstream sports related:
    @ByTimGraham - For all Bills and Sabres stuff. Pretty good and funny. Always enjoyed his AFC East blog when he was at ESPN.
    @claytonESPN - updates and the such
    @NickBakay4Real - great Buffalo updates and some funny stuff
    @Adamshefter
    @mortereport

Tech:
    @Mashable
    @IGN
    @Gizmodo

Everything else is pretty much ski/snowboard industry related and friends. Then again, I only follow about 130 people/companies

11. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

@EricStangel may have the best tweets of anyone on Twitter. Always funny.

12. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

@DanBeebe (fake account) may be one of the funniest accounts ever.
    @judyblume
    @hwinkler4real (Henry Winkler)
    @noradsanta (Updated on Christmas Eve on Santa's whereabouts.)
    @DeathStarPR
    @postsecret
    @JimGaffigan

Draft saved Draft deleted