1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tweeters You Like

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

@rufusonetooth
    @pickingatmyface
    @suckyouforfive

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I liked the @FanHouseMike suggestions. Or was it just a suggestion? Whatever, I liked it.

I have two Twitter accounts - one for my job and one for my blog. Don't have a "personal" account. Not so sure anyone really gives a flip what I'm "tweeting" about my job and blog. I damn sure know no one would give a flip about my so-called life.

@Moddy: Reading SJ
    @Moddy: Doing a sudoku
    @Moddy: Watching the Nats lose again (oh, wait, that's on the blog one)
    @Moddy: Folding laundry

No thanks - and lots of people really do "tweet" just like that.

If you are a writer, it is a great great great way to drive traffic. Twitter has many uses. "I am sitting on the porch" is not one of them.

3. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

My buddy works for some firm that helps twitter figure out what they do with their money. While we talk about the use it has in journalism and entertainment, he said it's huge among investors, venture capitalists and the like.

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Not before woofers/drivers/equalizers you like. Gotta optimize performance ...

5. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Packers fans have had to follow ...

@Greg_A_Bedard

Now Patriots fans should do the same after this weekend.

6. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

In that case, you'll love this ...

@LeBronJamesEgo

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

This makes me laugh. It's like the internet version of being banned from Wal-Mart.

9. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

I was like you, but I love it now. I, like someone else earlier, have a pretty specialized list but it's so damn helpful in the workplace.

On a side not: I used Twitter to actually dig up the name of a murder victim the local police wouldn't release. Three people had "tweeted" condolences or RIP messages within hours of her death.

That then led to the suspects name (her husband).

If you're on Twitter, remember it's pretty accessible unless the person has the privacy settings enacted.

10. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Bump - decided to join Twitter as the application was on my new phone.

Any new recommendations from the board?

11. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

@therealcarl2: Carl from Aqua Teen Hunger Force
    @A_CookieMonster: From Sesame Street
    @StephenAtHome: Colbert
    @MySecondEmpire: Chris Jones

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

@casserlyCBS: Charley Casserly ... he often has really good analysis leading up to, and during, Sunday's games.
    @Ken_Rosenthal
    @aplusk: Ashton Kutcher. He may be a douche, but he's a pretty good person to follow on Twitter. He basically admits the first few eps of 2 1/2 men were shaky, but talked about how they're trying to find their groove. Seems to be pretty honest.

Draft saved Draft deleted