1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tweet War: Ochocinco 1, Colin Cowherd 0

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Mar 10, 2010.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

2. SalukiNC

SalukiNC Member

In some sick way this is good for both their careers. OchoTwitto is obnoxious with his Tweets, but at least they aren't not n-bomb laced like one Chris Johnson.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

There are no winners with those two going at it, but it is entertaining.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Looks like Simmons vs. Olbermann just found a bout for the undercard.

5. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

An appropriate venue for these intellectual equals.

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Ochocinco is hilarious. He makes football fun. His end zone dances always give me a chuckle. I don't want to live in a world where he gets fined for putting on a sombrero, but LeBron James can dance on the sidelines and taunt the bulls.

Anyway, here is my favorite line from Ocho

@espn_colin you look like an extra from the movie LORD OF THE RINGS, get your lisp fixed before you do your next show !

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Ocho is like T.O.-lite --- a total narcissist and a bad teammate, but apparently has no off-field issues. He doesn't drink, doesn't do drugs and doesn't go clubbin', so I seriously doubt he'll have trouble taking care of his money post-career.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

He's nowhere close to being on the level of Owens. When you're playing in Cincy, you do what you have to to get fame.

I've never thought Ochocinco has ever done anything with malicious intent. That's not to say he hasn't done a couple stupid things over the years, but I've always thought he was a great guy and great to deal with.

9. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Ocho has a paralyzing addiction to McDonald's, as was revealed on the HBO show.
    Unless he was playing that up for the camera, but it seemed to indicate he ate there two or three times a day.

10. Crash

Crash Active Member

Ochocinco is a guy who has fun, and before you blame him for the Bengals' problems over the last few years, check out what some of his other teammates have been doing. Chad plays hard and he has fun doing it. Is some of his stuff over the top? Of course. But as Mizzou said, I don't think Chad has done anything with malicious intent to his team or teammates. He just has a damn good time playing the game. I don't see anything wrong with that.

11. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Anyone not friending Ochocinco on Facebook is missing out. He is hilarious. Couple of weeks ago he booked a reservation for a nice restaurant in L.A. for him and 45 of his Facebook friends, whichever 45 showed up first. He said he'd cleared it with the restaurant manager beforehand, so he announced it on his status (with like two hours notice). But then apparently the manager called him back later and refused to do it -- said it couldn't accomodate 45 strangers.

I've also seen pics from before then where he's done the random meal with fans. In one of the captions of a group pic posted he said 200 people showed up for a spur of the moment dinner at a TGI Friday's.

12. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

Since when has Chad been in the bad teammate category?

Draft saved Draft deleted