1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tweet tweet

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Lucas Wiseman, Aug 31, 2010.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

There are handful of us out there.

I just have no interest in reading about John Wooden dying five days before he does, or Brett Favre retiring when he doesn't. Nor do I want to bother wondering whether "Amir in Tehran who's tweeting about the election" is really "Bill in Buffalo who's just screwing with everyone."

2. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

I haven't given in to Twitter either.

3. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Anyone can focus on the negative aspects of Twitter. And yes, If you are following morons you can get misinformation all of the time, but that would be your fault for following morons.

I follow my friends and a solid group of college football writers/bloggers and through Twitter I am able to get a done of news. It is where I got all my expansion info, it's where I learned about NCAA's tutoring problem, the Georgia jersey fiasco and so many more things.

Your loss.

4. BTExpress

All that is available elsewhere . . . with a much higher rate of accuracy. Expansion "info" was riddled with errors and misinformation. Brett Favre retired on Twitter. He did not retire in any medium I follow.

My only "loss" is that I may find out about something a few seconds or minutes later than someone else.

And since I'm not a reporter on a beat . . . it ain't no loss.

5. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

I am a reporter on a beat. I gots no choice. I realized this a little more than a year ago, when a colleague e-mailed me to tell me his daughter was following one of my players on Twitter and he just said something about his injury that was different from what the team had said.
    I signed up that day.
    Now I use it as a complement to the blog. Not everything is blogworthy. Plus, followers ask questions, I answer, etc. I kinda like it, I have to admit.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I just tweeted that BYH is a dork.

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I retweeted that.

8. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Is there such a thing as a Three-tweet?

9. BTExpress

Pat Riley had it copyrighted 20 years ago . . . just in case.

Pay up.

10. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

That topic is now trending.

11. 21

21 Well-Known Member

A nice tweet for our man Elliotte from SI's Richard Deitsch:

(And feel free to retweet on another thread, didn't know where to put this one.)

12. grandkamloops

grandkamloops New Member

Poo-tee-weet!

Draft saved Draft deleted