1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tweet cred? I don't know what that is, but apparently MC Hammer has it.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Freelance Hack, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Helping the world in its never-ending quest for useless immediacy, 140 characters at a time.

3. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

Information sharing, connection, networking, news reading -- all wrapped up in a big world of resistance by people like slappy.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

7. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

Well, that's not what it is but you know ... whatever.

8. jps

jps Active Member

funeral play-by-play device [/rockymountainnewseditorjohntemple]

9. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Just joined Twitter yesterday, and I've got to say it's a lot more than I ever thought it was. Still not experienced enough to give anybody many pointers, but having it for news updates alone -- I get updates from Romenesko, my paper and a couple other sources so far -- makes it better than any RSS feed I've ever used.

10. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I usually join things like this pretty quick, but for some reason, I've just been hesitant to join Twitter. I'm sure I'll cave if the popularity continues to grow, but I can't pull the trigger on it yet.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I'm good with that. it wasn't immediate, but it was less than 140 characters.

12. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

Come over to the dark side, 'Beetus. It grew by 752% last year, with 4.43 million unique visitors in December.

Draft saved Draft deleted