1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TWA 800 documentary fans conspiracy flames

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

The only thing that I am personally aware of after TWA 800 is that a lot of north-south flights along the mid-Atlantic that would normally take you out over the ocean (say from DC to Boston) were rerouted so that the flight path was over land.

I forget how long this went on, but I was told about it, and I witnessed it on a flight where I normally have a window seat on the left side of the aircraft and I try to identify all the cities along the coast. On one flight in the 1980s over the water, I clearly saw Philly, NYC (including the WTC towers), Long Island, Providence, etc. After TWA 800, flights like that were over land, and I always suspected there was a reason.

However, the reroutings might have been due to uncertainty as to whether it was a terrorist attack or not. This doesn't prove it actually was a terrorist attack.

Draft saved Draft deleted