1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TV writers' strike over?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Feb 8, 2008.

1. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Starting?

2. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

I have a high tolerance. What can I say? I was temped to watch TV's "100 most outrageous moments" before Clemson-UNC caught my eye/talked me off the ledge.

3. forever_town

My tolerance for anything other than football is less than zero. Hence I rarely watch TV.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Forever, TV is amazing right now. I can rattle off 15 shows that are better than most things in the theaters. And when you consider it is basically free, then it is without question better.

The Wire, The Office, 30 Rock, CSI Vegas, The First 48, 24, Dexter, Friday Night Lights, The Simpsons, South Park, Law and Order, Lost, My Name is Earl.

There's 14 quality shows.

And I am not counting when something like Planet Earth or Band of Brothers flashes on the screen.

5. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Bring back The Office ... and do it yesterday.

6. forever_town

All I can say is that TV doesn't appeal to me and hasn't in years. I've only watched a handful of episodes of any of the shows in your list. I just don't have the interest.

That's not to say TV sucks. It just hasn't grabbed me.

7. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

I'm ready for the return of Friday Night Lights, a bunch more episodes of Lost, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, CSI and a few others. Tell them to get their butts in gear.

Draft saved Draft deleted