1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TV Stars then and now

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by EStreetJoe, Oct 25, 2007.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

You gonna carry them around all day, or are you just there to reap the benefits? Sorry, I'm with SC on this one.

2. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Aren't the words "feminist" and "Sportschick" kind of an oxymoron?

Aside from that, you go, girl. I'm not into big ones. ::)

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

You stay classy, Harley.

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

We've had this discussion before, and it's a Queer Nation, taking it back thing, but keep trying.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Doc, I'm not exactly in deep thought mode here. Just joking around, as I'm sure txsportsscribe was doing with his comment about breast reductions.

But fine. I'll put some thought into the answer. Can't say anybody will like this one any better.

Actually, in a sense a breast reduction IS un-American, but I don't mean that in an insulting way at all. Sometimes the thought process of the American public is a bit out of whack. And when a breast reduction is done, it is almost always for the very good reasons sportschick listed above.

But there is a real focus on large breasts in this country. Hell, we're fascinated with large everything, aren't we? Think about the number women who get breast implants in this country, not to mention other enhancements (whatever the latest version of the push-up bra is) to get that little extra bit of cleavage.

There is a very large portion of this culture, male and female, that is focused on boobs. And most of them prefer those breasts be large.

This isn't to demean women with small breasts. Hell, I married a woman whose cups don't exactly runneth over. But honestly, a crack about breast reductions going against the way most Americans think may not be as far off as you think.

Ok...so what were we talking about before this thread got boobjacked?

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

My take on this boobjack.

I wouldn't hesitate to date a woman who had breast reduction. It's a legitimately necessary operation.

On the other hand, I would never date a woman who has implants. Flat and real is always better than big and fake. A woman who risks her health for fake, bigger breasts is one who puts vanity above other more important things.

Do I prefer big breasts or small? I prefer a good woman. If she had big, great. If she has small, great. If she's somewhere in between, great. As long as she's a good person first.

The thing about a good woman is no matter what she looks like, she gets prettier the more you know her. Vain women seem to get less and less attractive the more you know them.

Now, all that being said, I sure wish HandsomeHarley had a pic with his post on Danica McKellar. I still remember being thrilled to see her in the series finale of NYPD Blue.

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Sometimes, Tony, not often, but sometimes, I love you.

8. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Thanks, Buck. My bad, Tony. :eek:

9. old_tony

Well, I try, SC. Just keep me away from politics and you'd like me a lot more often. (I know, I know, I should just avoid it myself.)

10. old_tony

Buck, if we ever meet covering an event, I owe you multiple beverages.

To quote way too many people at PGA Tour events: "You da' man!"

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Some interesting links off those pictures, too, buck. Nice.

I wonder if anybody would have believed me if I had written something like what tony did?

Nah :)

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

... And the idea with a chick and a horse?

Draft saved Draft deleted