1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TV shows that should have been good but weren't

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dooley_womack1, May 16, 2010.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Picket Fences is a tricky one. It had lots of good moments, and the cast was A-list and no one mailed it in (Fyvush Finkel and Ray Walston were my particular favorites, and Holly Marie Combs was much better in this show than in Charmed). But the tone would change so radically from season to season, and the writing would fall too often into the "let's all talk about a meta issue" camp that SVU falls into. Plus putting all the energy in Marlee Matlin in the last season, turning a deaf bank robber into Rome's mayor sent it flying over the shark.

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

My vote: The Nine.

Started watching it because of Kim Raver, who was on 24 before leaving FOX for ABC. Watched the first two shows, and then thought the show started sucking.

3. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Take that back! Newsradio was awesome.

Nice to hear Dana Delany is still working - I loved China Beach.

4. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Good call. That had potential, but it went nowhere. Like FlashForward. Thought Harper's Island might be something, too, but it was crap.

Draft saved Draft deleted