1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TV shows that hold up

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Mr. Sluggo

Mr. Sluggo Active Member

Odd Couple
    Strangers with Candy
    Soap

2. Slightly off topic here... Saw a detergent commercial last week, with a cute blonde woman ... It was Jerri Blank, now doing detergent commercials.

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Amy Sedaris is a bit too much of a well-known comedic actress to be forever known by her character. :)

Her looking like crap as Jerri Blank was the aberration. She's long looked pretty hot as herself.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yeah, for some comedy fans seeing Amy Sedaris doing detergent ads is not going to sit well...

I don't fault her at all, a paycheck is a paycheck.

Watched a very old Friends last night. It was one of the first ones when Chandler gets stuck at an ATM with Jill Goodacre. Really funny stuff...

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

"Put Joey on the phone!"

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I felt really old when I saw Friends was going to be on Nick at Nite. But after watching five reruns last night with my wife, I was happy about it.

Now if Northern Exposure and The West Wing reruns were on I'd be set.

7. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Still love "Get Smart."

And I don't know how well they hold up for others, but I love the old game shows GSN used to air on Sunday's nights, such as "What's My Line, "I've Got a Secret" and "Name's the Same."

Huge movie stars used to appear as mystery guest on "What's My Line."

Draft saved Draft deleted