1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TV shows canceled too early

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by NDJournalist, May 15, 2013.

1. NDJournalist

NDJournalist Active Member

To Catch a Predator.

2. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Guiding Light

3. Jake_Taylor

Captain Kangaroo

4. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

OK, you win. :)

5. El Guapo

El Guapo New Member

Police Squad!

6. Upset you didn't get featured?

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

--Mercy. Kind of scattershot, but Taylor Schilling and Michelle Trachtenberg were eye candy I could have watched for 10 more years.
    --Several Bochco series between Hill Street Blues and NYPD Blue: Civil Wars, Hooperman, Murder One (which had the misfortune of having a star that steadfastly refused to promote the show.
    --Picket Fences: Changed identity with each season, but was always oddly compelling, and one of the more star-studded casts.

8. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Agreed that its run was too short, but it wasn't canceled. From my understanding the BBC practically begged Cleese to keep going, but he said writing the shows that tightly was exhausting and he just couldn't do another season.

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

You're a mad man.

10. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

perhaps because after season 1 it sucked. The first season with Tony being a manipulative bastard and Cassie being generally crazy was excellent. Season 2 took a step back because it was odd to see Tony's 180 degree personality change. Once they launched Effie and the new gang season 3 it completely nose-dived. I haven't seen an episode since.

totally agree. I love that show.

also, since someone mentioned Freaks and Geeks, I'll toss out Apatow's follow up, Undeclared.

11. Jake_Taylor

Among the most important and talented TV people of the past decade I have Shain Gandee, David Simon, Matthew Weiner/Jon Hamm, Bryan Cranston, Timothy Olyphant, Tina Fey and Mike Schur in no particular order among my top tier.

12. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

3 South. It aired on MTV around 2003 for 11 episodes. Two additional episodes went unaired. I bought the series and two unaired episodes off ebay a few years later. It was low brow, but it had Jeffry Tambor as the voice of the dean, so there was that.

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted