1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TV shows canceled too early

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by NDJournalist, May 15, 2013.

1. NDJournalist

NDJournalist Active Member

Not all shows do that, though, and that's the point.

2. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

The original Star Trek series, apparently. :)

3. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

The CBS medical drama "3 lbs." was way too derivative of House but had put a few story threads into motion from the very start -- like maybe the star brain surgeon has a brain tumor of his own? -- and I would have been curious to see where it was headed. Aired 3 or maybe 5 episodes.

I liked the idea behind "Golden Boy," which died quickly on CBS this season. I suppose we'll never know how it played out.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Quantum Leap also ended somewhat awkwardly, because the producers weren't sure if they were going to be continued or cancelled.

5. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

From The "Smith" Wiki page:

Though critically acclaimed, it was canceled on October 6 after only three airings, becoming the first new show of the 2006-07 television season to get canceled.[1] The medical drama 3 lbs replaced it and was also canceled after three episodes.

6. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

They aired 3 but shot maybe 2 or 3 more then burned them off online I think.
    I tell ya, though, the pilot was pretty good.

7. NDJournalist

I really hope Nashville doesn't undergo the same fate.

8. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

No, to me Shain Gandee's death is a lot like Phil Hartman's, but at least with Newsradio we got another season and it didn't immediately end a classic show. Gandee's death is going to be viewed as one of the biggest what-if moments of the century.

9. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Shain Gandee = Phil Freaking Hartman? Yikes!

10. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Undoubtedly two of the most talented men of my lifetime. It makes me cry to think of the genius we are missing out on with no more Buckwild.

11. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Fawlty Towers

12. NDJournalist

The 2000-01 edition of "The Fugitive."

Draft saved Draft deleted