1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TV shows canceled too early

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by NDJournalist, May 15, 2013.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Good choices. Two of my top five, as well. "The Problem with Popplers" is right up there with them, along with "The Farnsworth Parabox."
    Yes, I realize there's probably three other people on this board nodding along in agreement, and a hundred saying, "Huh?"

"Godfellas" is amazing television. You tune in for a funny show, and there's a lot of that, yet by the time it's over you've witnessed a deep philosophical discussion on God and the nature of the universe as told through the 22-minute journey of a robot floating through space. Not a whole lot of shows could pull that off.

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I love this part of "Godfellas":

God Entity: Bender, being God isn't easy. If you do too much, people get dependent on you. And if you do nothing, they lose hope. You have to use a light touch, like a safecracker or a pickpocket.

Bender: Or a guy who burns down a bar for the insurance money.

God Entity: Yes, if you make it look like an electrical thing. When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

The season 2 finale is also pretty damn good.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The Anthology of Interest shows are fun, but I prefer the second one (with the video game world and Leela going to Oz).

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

I'm shocked that somebody else remembers the original "Friends."

And I agree that the thread should have ended with "Police Squad!" One of the funniest shows ever.

Draft saved Draft deleted