1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TV seasons that shouldn't have existed

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Nov 10, 2012.

1. joe

joe Active Member

Cop Rock. And Manimal.

2. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

My big ones have been mentioned on here (Veronica Mars season 3, Gilmore Girls Season 7 -- the main reason I don't like this was because most of the storylines are recycled from previous seasons -- the Dukes of Hazzard season without Bo and Luke). Huge fan of Will and Grace but the last two and a half seasons make me cringe.

How I Met Your Mother after season 5 is starting to get into this category. Season 6 had some good moments (everything with Marshall's dad) but most of it was garbage and 7 was even worse.

Another one of my favorites, 8 Simple Rules, probably should have ended at the end of season 2. Show just never had the same spark after John Ritter died.

3. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

I agree with Norrin about Alias seasons 3-5.
    Most of the last two seasons of Seinfeld.
    NYPD Blue after Bobby died (most of it).
    Mad About You after the baby was born.
    Last several seasons of CSI: Miami.

4. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Whatever season Hayden Fox left Minnesota State to coach an expansion NFL team in Florida on "Coach" was a disaster.

5. NDub

NDub Guest

I think you and I and a lot of viewers were disappointed in the fairly anticlimactic ending of Heroes season 1. I choked down season 2 because the writer's strike made it difficult for most shows to regain (or find) their legs. But season 3... well, damn.

6. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

The last 3-4 seasons of MASH, when the characters all had 1970s haircuts, for example. And preachy? Lord!

They did kind of pull it together for the finale. Kind of.

7. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

Ahhh, don't tell me that! I'm just getting into this show. I think I'm in late season 4.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Although the character was voiced by the great Harvey Korman, the Great Gazoo epsiodes of 'The Flintsones' just don't measure up.

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

And the Scrappy Doo period of 'Scooby Doo' was an abomination.

10. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Yep, I had to Google Tiva.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I'd like to, um, Google the "iva" part of that.

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Spot on, this.

Draft saved Draft deleted