1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TV seasons that shouldn't have existed

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Great scene. The show is actually on reruns up here on the comedy network. I watch it regularly. Loved it the first time around, still a favourite 15 years later or however long it's been since original release.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Galactica 1980 was set 30 years after the original series. If I remember correctly, one of the "replacements" was Apollo's son. I can't remember what happened to Apollo. Starbuck had been stranded on some planet.

3. SoCalScribe

SoCalScribe Member

Enjoyable show that seemed to deliberately torpedo itself with that stretch and other strange things. The final season also had a lot of "What the heck, why not" BS like Darnell's secret agent missions. I understand it's hard to keep coming up with past wrongs for Earl to right, but they had a great ensemble and they wasted it.

4. SoCalScribe

SoCalScribe Member

Well stated as usual. I have NOT seen this season since I gave up on Cable television, but plan to buy the DVD(s). I think once you reach a certain pinnacle, there may be nowhere to go but down.

I did see the magnets episode, though, and quite frankly I am still laughing over that one. "You know, I can foresee a lot of possible outcomes to this thing, and not one of them involves Miller Time."

5. J-School Blue

J-School Blue Member

Even if 5.2 tanks (I don't think it has so far, even if I wouldn't put it on the tier 3 and 4 managed), Mike makes Season 5 of Breaking Bad a thing worth having.

6. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

When they got away from the list, I thought the show lost its focus. Still, it was four seasons of great sitcom work.

I agree with Soap's final season... granted, I was all of 13 when it was on, but I remember thinking it wasn't as funny as the first three (but it holds up well today).

The Dallas dream season... am I ever glad that was a dream. Yeah, it was fucking stupid to make it a dream, but the show had gone so far off the tracks that was the only way to bring it back.

7. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

The last three seasons of 24.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

The past six-seven years on SNL.

9. NDub

NDub Guest

No.

Heroes season 2 was just ok, but I'd say anything after season that. I didn't watch anything after the first few episodes of season 3, so I can't say where exactly it should've ended.

Prison Break's limp to the finish in season 4 really degraded what was a solid show to that point. Even season 3 was tolerable.

I enjoyed The Office up until after Jim and Pam's wedding. After that it went downhill and I gave up. I didn't see watch Michael Scott's departure.

10. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

4th-ed. Or is it 5th-ed?

Also, The Simpsons after about season 9, so dating back to about 1997 or so. Has anything over-stayed its welcome quite like that show?

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I forgot there was a Season 3 of Heroes. Everything from the ending of Season 1 on was just disappointing as hell.

12. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

Supernatural should have ended with the fifth season. The series creator only planned five seasons, so when the CW wanted to keep it he left. We're on season eight now, and the last few years have not been as strong as the first five. Supposedly, the CW president wants the show to go 10 seasons, a la Smallville. We'll see.

Draft saved Draft deleted