1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TV seasons that shouldn't have existed

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Nov 10, 2012.

1. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Thanks....I thought I had buried the image of these two forever...you bastard!

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

--Good Times after Janet Jackson joined the cast.
    --The last season of Soap (mainly because Benson left).
    --Probably any seasons of SVU that have taken place or will take place without Meloni.
    --The last season of Growing Pains, when they aged the baby from the season before 5-6 years.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It was something similar. If I remember correctly, the original Battlestar Galactica lasted only one or two seasons. Then the replaced it with Battlestar Galactica 1980, which was set years after the original, with all of the main characters except for Adama gone and Apollo's son taking his place as one of the leads. Boy, did that suck.

4. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I tried to watch it...made it through 2 episodes and gave up.

5. J-School Blue

J-School Blue Member

My God, this was terrible considering the quality of the first two seasons.

The wrap-up to the Season 2 mystery was also godawful, though, so I'm not sure that would've been the note to end on.

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

* - Last seasons of Married with Children with the baby.
    * - The Cosby Show when they started importing kids to parent.
    * - The spinoff of Golden Girls when Bea Arthur left.

7. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

The entire Season 6, Part 1 of The Sopranos is shit, with one exception: "Mr. & Mrs. John Sacrimoni Request..." which is one of my favorite episodes. I want to like Tony's journey into the Kevin Finnerty limbo, but I can't. It's lame. Vito's love affair with Johnnycakes is awful and boring. Carmella's trip to France is tedious and boring. The Ben Kinsley episode suuuuuuuuuucks. Keisha is the worst season finale in the whole series.

Season 6, Part 2 contains several of the best hours in TV history. Sopranos Home Movies. Kennedy and Heidi. Blue Comet. Made in America. Everything movies at a furious pace once we hit Sopranos Home movies. But almost all of the the first "season" of that stretch is just a money grab/wheel spinning. You could turn Junior shooting Tony into a smaller arc and lose almost nothing.

8. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Sorry to bring it up!

Yes, it was a piece of my childhood I tried to forget. Damn the OP for making me remember.

I forget who was Coy and who was Vance.

Yet I still can't think of the replacements to Starbuck and Apollo, or the circumstances that brought them on.

We had Enos - Sonny Schrorer? Something like that? Apparently he went to FSU and was at a football game.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I was about to come back and post about Sopranos S6-1, but DD beat me to it. I was even OK with the Finnerty stuff the second time I watched the show all the way through. But the Vito storyline was terrible and added nothing to the end game of the show. Nothing. Why spend four episodes detailing the downfall of a character who is meaningless in the grand scheme? And some of the stuff -- like his kid taking a grump in the shower -- was just gross.

(Yes, I understand WHY they did it. Actor availability, salaries, etc. Still doesn't mean I have to like it.)

10. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Will see how the rest of the final season plays out but Breaking Bad may be a nominee for this thread. The ending to season 4 would have been such an awesome place to end it.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Any NCIS seasons that take place after Tiva is consummated

12. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Can't disagree with this. I'm kind of glad they've cooled down the flirting a little in the last two seasons. Last week's episode was the best in a while.

Draft saved Draft deleted